We have to sign Miller …

Nope, three clubs.

And to be fair Barnsley can’t think he’s that far off, he’s made their bench and played in the cup for them already. I imagine it’s a bit like how we view Shay Willock. I wouldn’t want him out on loan somewhere else now, even if he’s not quite ready for League Two football he is a back up in the squad.

Registered with three, can only play for two is how I read that. Could be wrong haven’t read the exemptions thoroughly

1 Like

I believe the rules where never changed back from the adjustment at the bottom but could be wrong :man_shrugging: It was changed pre-covid but I never heard it went back

Edit: Here’s the original rule change (shit source I know), but entirely possible it’s been changed back.

1 Like

If Barnsley are preparing for life in league one then I could see him going back, he’s not good enough if they’re hoping he’ll be the answer to them staying in the championship.

So, there we have it, we’ll be searching for an Osei Yaw lookie likee loanee late into the evening of 31st January.

Is Gaffney available.I would think so.

Not now he has seen the state of our sausage rolls :joy:

1 Like

Even HE would be better than the ‘other’ strikers we will have on our books…ie none
Awful, intolerable situation that we have/had/will have no strikers on our books, and, before the usual suspects quote Wilkinson, he himself has confirmed he is NO striker, even though he occasionally scores a few!

Fair enough. But can’t see this happening. Seems like paper talk. Sometimes he looks like he can’t trap a bag of sand in the Lower reaches of league 2!!!. He’s hardly going to be the solution for Barnsley staying in the championship!!!

Hmm I can’t say I agree with that. There are some things to criticise but his control and hold up play have been admirable, especially under the pressure he normally receives the ball. I’d say he could stand to be a little better in the air and his finishing seems to range between the sublime (Barrow) to the ridiculous (I think he put one out for a throw against Salford) but his touch and control is a strange one to go after for me.

Whatever… The point is that he is nowhere near Championship standard.

Well it’s not whatever. Not being consistent with your finishing is fixable, even at championship level. Being so bad you “can’t trap a bag of sand” is not. One’s a fair criticism and one isn’t.

I don’t think anyone expects a 23 year old striker to be the finished article, but Barnsley may well think it’s worth developing him themselves and having another striker for their goal shy team in reserve.

When judging potential at any level you have to look at how you’d develop a player, not at what he is today. Lots of people were saying Adebayo isn’t even a League Two player, never mind a Championship player when I was defending him in the same manner. Look how that turned out …

Are you always a negative nancy?

If he goes he goes our style no longer suits him anyway we need a bigger lad who can score and hold it up.

I think Miller is good for this level. For the championship no way

1 Like

Are u ever wrong on anything :grinning:

1 Like

This is his level atm, think he can make a decent League 1 career

1 Like

Yes I would agree. Probably League 1. Personally I would agree with other posters. I don’t think he fits our system. But God he tries hard which is all you can ask

1 Like

Oh absolutely. I thought we didn’t need Jack Earing preseason but that Ash Taylor was going to be the best defender in the league.

Nobody is perfect.

I would try hard and you would too.But I imagine that neither of us are the solution :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I agree with your earlier post that his control ay great. He is good at playing on the shoulder of the defender and going after the ball over the top. He’s also good running with the ball towards goal. Ball into him with his back to goal doesn’t seem his strong point. Often it bounces off him and we lose possession.

I’d like us to keep him and sign a player that would complement him.

2 Likes