What's your next excuse for missing a home game?

I will have it on in the background :grin:

My dog’s eaten my homework and I have to stay in tonight to re-do it.

We have. But the current spell of being bad at the worst level is the most elongated it has been since the fifties. The early 90’s were bad but I think it was this equivalent season (our third on the spin in the fourth division) that saw us reach the play-offs. I’m doubting we will manage that this year.

Given most people won’t have seen us in the fifties, for the vast majority this is the most sustained period of hopelessness they’ve ever seen from us.

I’m pleased that some are taking positives from the last two games. We created a hatful. I really hope we can jump start the season tonight and then back it up on Saturday.

2 Likes

I’d rather watch garbage at home in the warm than watch garbage in the cold and rain

2 Likes

I simply can’t be bothered to go tonight. Boring football and more likely will lose so will stay at home.

1 Like

I went to Nigeria during that malarkey and had to be tested when I passed through immigration at Lagos airport. The tests were hilarious but it enabled me to get a big sticker on the back of my passport stating that I was “Ebola free”.
Made sure it was prominent when travelling for a while after that.

1 Like

Pretty unlikely. Think midweek record at Bescot over last 5-6 years is pretty terrible generally.

This season has certainly entered the “flat” stage so up to the team to win a couple of games and get things going again but not holding my breath on that.

We just look bereft in the final third?

It’s shite?

1 Like

What’s @Ramred excuse for being missing on here?

His dad is overseeing a shitshow with :clown_face: (gamble/mole) ruining oops sorry ‘running’ the club.

Only comes on here when we have not lost in 3 games to defend the indefensible.

Been missing for weeks now.

Come on, defend this shit.

2 Likes

I will speak up. Yes tonight was poor and frustrating, but we didn’t get battered 4-0. It wasn’t an evening conducive for scintillating fotball. I don’t understand the high levels of negativity.

1 Like

Nope but we did get battered by Harrogate.
Who in turn got battered at home, tonight by FGR and their Rookie manager

Tonight reminded me of many such games from the mid nineties. I was reminiscing at HT about a dreadful match against Maidstone in that spell but we came out of that trough in the end as I am sure we will come out of it again. The next 2 windows will decide that in my view.

1 Like

My excuse for missing this Saturdays game? I’m going to see Santa. Have a much better time than what’s being served up atm.

I don’t need an excuse, the Footballs garbage so I won’t be there.

There’s being loyal and there’s being stupid, unfortunately the latter now applies.

You pay money to be entertained. Matts football is completely boring offering nil entertainment. Complete waste of 20 quid.

1 Like

Correct, our admission prices vs entertainment value is disgusting.

He appeared on the “Not just long distance fans” thread to get offended on behalf of the board.

I think he missed Tinneds point that fans make a lot of effort to attend games so they’re a bit peeved when that effort is seemingly not being replicated on the pitch.

2 Likes

I was going to post on this thread yesterday but couldn’t remember the team it was we played against when we failed to make a game because of getting stuck in traffic. But I’ve just looked it up and ironically it was a Tuesday night game against Crawley Town 6 years ago. :crazy_face:

I’d rushed home after work and then we left and started driving up the M1 and then M6. We got just past junction 2 when we hit an almighty traffic jam and ended up at a standstill which went on for over an hour with us not moving at all. People were getting out of their cars and walking up and down between the lanes trying to get an idea of what was going on. Turned out a couple of miles up the road some guy was threatening to jump off a bridge over the M6 so they’d shut it. Unfortunately we’d just passed J2 and the bridge was before J3. We were still not moving when the game kicked off and we scored. By the time we were finally on our way it was half time. Looking at the traffic we reckoned we wouldn’t make it to the ground until half way through the 2nd half so we decided to just go home. At J3 turned round and started heading back. My brother was checking BBC text and every so often he’d go “We’ve scored”. We pulled onto our drive just as the final whistle was going and we ended up winning 5-0. What made it worse is this was April and we’d had plenty of dross home performances we’d travelled up for that season and there was finally an entertaining game and we missed it. :crazy_face:

1 Like

McGillivray, Downing, Forde, Henry, Mantom and Cook on the bench. Six years really is a long time.

1 Like