Who would you choose?

I think it was above average level. Some good defenders (on paper), some good midfielders (on paper), good goalie (he’s far from being finished article, but can produce very good saves now), only strikers could be better, but probably the budget has been eaten. I don’t know if the manager wanted something else, but no one knows that, except people deep inside the club, how it really was. So the open question, who is more responsible for the current league position.

1 Like

Errrrm actually he does. It’s his job to implement a style of football throughout the club. According to his appointment.

1 Like

Well that will be a huge weight off both Taylor and the players shoulders come Saturday v Tranmere.
I suppose we can then expect a free flowing attacking game, defenders suddenly doing their job, creative and inspiring midfield and goals galore. A complete and utter change to every game previously played under Taylors management.

Sorry Fish but it won’t make the slightest difference.

1 Like

Does this guy actually exist? Or is he a figment of someones sarcastic imagination?

2 Likes

You cant coach crap footballers into good ones :roll_eyes:

I said all of them should be shown the door, Taylor included.

Fullerton - he has signed the biggest pile of shite I have ever seen in my WFc attending life

1 Like

Agreed but have to ask why he’s suddenly lost all motivation when he nearly hit 20 in this league for Orient last season and think they had similar manager to Taylor in terms of experience in charge then.

1 Like

Indeed you did, many apologies I’ve just reread your post - must be the anger we’re all feeling tonight! Yes of course they all need to go starting with Taylor.
However, I fear the worst, Pomlett has consistently made the wrong decision, can’t expect him to get the next one right!

1 Like

He’s had more clubs than Gary Player. Probably a reason for that.

Look no further than Taylor who ‘manages’ him on a daily basis.

1 Like

Fullashit. It’s a binary question though, and doesn’t address the real structural problems.

I just think this is all just shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic. I think we’re going down. Pomletts ruthless cost cutting and terrible decision making no team could survive it.

2 Likes

It might be true of some but there are players in our squad that have played a vital and successful part in their previous clubs. They don’t suddenly lose what little skill or talent they had without influence.

3 Likes

A bad attitude. He’s been asked to play striker a couple of times but mostly he’s been played in his position. Am I supposed to cry him a river offer that. Im more than happy to have him sit his arse on the bench so his bottom lip gets a rest.

2 Likes

I agree that JF is responsible for the ‘footballing culture’ (such as it is) but surely as 1st team coach MT has final say on the minutiae of the X’s and O’s on the tactics board? If not whats the point of him? I think I said on the Brizzle match thread that if he is here to be publically accountible for footballing performances whilst not being responsible for transfers, selection or tactics he is a fool.

He’s gorra gew.

2 Likes

My stroppy teenager youngest daughter taught me a wonderful phrase. “CBA” after decades of following walsall, moving stuff so i could go to the match, that phrase CBA sums up how i feel about the club we have become under LPs. I really cant be arsed. I’ll still go away when i can no matter what division we in.

1 Like

His body language has been awful for weeks. A spoilt baby.

2 Likes

To coach and yes select the team and motivate it. The point of a director of football is to recruit and implement for a specific style of play throughout the football club, so that you have continuity irrelevant of what happens in the volatile managers position. That’s the difference.

Taylor has to go now, and McDonald. We have to some how kick and scream our way to the end of the season and somehow keep our league status. If and hopefully when that is assured i would show Fullarton the door as well. Need to realise that where we currently are as a club we can get by without a DoF until we have got into league one and have some proper investment