Bonser , who wants him gone , and who thinks he should stay

If that was to happen @zaddler that would be what we’re all after isn’t it , and to your question is that not ambition in itself …progress instead of this useless existance we are

1 Like

We need the Swamp Draining.

3 Likes

sorry thats gone right over my head :thinking:

Ashley talks like a Southener so imagine it’s one of these cases where he was born and then moved down at 1-2 years old.

And I’d say with him it would be out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Given way football is going the next proper owner after Bonser whenever that is will likely be foreign investor/consortium. Pot luck who you end up with.

I’d rather Mike Ashley than a random foreign investor that doesn’t get English football, especially lower league English football.

Thought @geordiesaddler’s post was excellent about his good and bad points. He has shown how to tempt the next generation to support the club and that is what we need if we want to survive at this level no matter who comes in and takes over from Bonser.

2 Likes

been reading this with interest he obviously needs to go but how? he has the club by the short and curlies and has done for years.as soon as any unrest starts he throws a few crumbs by sacking a manager or a signing to shut people up and it works he has been doing it since the 90s when we signed a certain Mr Oconnor after a very nasty protest against him which resulted in windows being smashed and security staff being attacked.

A guy I met on holiday about 10 years ago lived in willenhall most of his life, so his son was born in Walsall, but they moved to Scotland when he was about 2, he is now in his 40’s and you should listen to the rant you get from him if you point out he is actually English :face_with_head_bandage:. :joy:

1 Like

I think what would be useful is a concise ‘10 points on why we want Bonser out’ (or something better sounding) as a nice PDF image, using the same style font and design as that nice Luton, Rotherham, Bournemouth poster I saw on here recently.

Something that is written in a way that is accessible to anyone, communicates why fans have been upset, and is to the point.

This can then be shared by message, posted on here, Facebook, Twitter and shared with social media, newspapers, etc.

8 Likes

Once I’ve got a response mate wheels will start turning :+1:t3:

2 Likes

One thing I will say is if the response is to offer a ‘meeting’ or a ‘focus group’ to chat about the issues in the letter, this should be point blank refused.

These tactics are used to fob off or role out sacrificial lambs. Sick of meetings and focus groups that are as redundant as the ticket initiatives.

6 Likes

It will be refused, too many people have the wool pulled over their eyes by that.

3 Likes

Have they acknowledged receipt of your email yet Rob ,If so have they given you any idea when they’ll get back to you with the answers to our concerns ?

I take it if not that you’ll be putting some pressure on them to give you some responses ?

Have you a time scale in your own mind when you’ll run out of patience , either with being fobbed off , or getting no joy from their end , and push onto the next line of attack ?

Yes, Dan said he will go through it with Stef when he’s back from annual leave. I’ll give them until the end of next Friday to come back and then I’ll start putting more pressure on. I’d say at the VERY latest if there are no conclusive answers by the end of January, we start to explore alternatives. This affords them the ‘luxury’ of coming back to me with a fobbed off response for me to go back to.

Imagine if they came back with full answers! I won’t hold my breath.

3 Likes

Obviously that’s why you decided to email the facts in the first place Rob , as people have said on here many

times about the waste of time questions at the meetings are where the same old record is played over and

over regarding any awkward questions …" we’ll have to get back to you when we’ve spoken to Mr Big etc etc …"

With this approach they can’t give us the cold shoulder quite so easily , and as you’ve said hopefully you / we

might get a better response with some answers, and if not we’ll know you have wasted your time .:+1:

I honestly don’t think we should afford the ■■■■■ a letter, not saying I don’t appreciate your efforts rob :+1: but I don’t think we should give them the chance to fob us off again, I think we should just take direct action.

Stay.

I don’t doubt that there are issues in the management of the club’s match day experience, nor that more ambition has been needed, but some of the comments here are wide of the mark. To compare Bonser to the Oystons is pathetic. Take a look at today’s Guardian, or the Mail, or in particular the Sun, read about Blackpools game on Saturday and see what a rest wrong 'un looks like.
I was having second thoughts about going to Bolton and sharing the stand will a handful of malcontents who clearly haven’t a clue about football finance, but for the first time in years I’m actually enjoying watching Walsall again, things are at last on the move and change is happening. So I’ll be there cheering the boys on…and I won’t be waving a Cypriot flag.

Serious question Fish. Do you know something that the rest of us don’t?

What things are on the move and what is this change exactly (apart from the gradual decline of the club)?

2 Likes

Sounds like a fish out of water? Perhaps he’s angling for a new app " roach" from the club? Anyway sounds like he’s ready to let Bonser off the hook? Oops what have I started!!!,

3 Likes

Direct action? but you don’t go to games!!! and what would it achieve?

I have already stated on another thread that I would attend and be willing to sacrifice myself in whatever action other protesters need, because as you say I don’t go anymore so I’m not bothered about getting banned.

1 Like