Dutton has Left the Building!

He had to go for me. 3 wins in 19… :see_no_evil:

@Andy_Petterson. I copied this quote from the new manager thread to keep it on topic.

LP did believe Dutton was a good manager and at the same time told us he knows nothing about football. Fair enough I am overdoing that point he obviously knows something about football but the whole point of him appointing a DOF was for someone with a football background to make football decisions. That is how it was explained to us. Little point in doing that and then just carrying on regardless.

LP did gamble on Dutton. It’s all well and good him coming out and saying 19th is not acceptable (I agree) he persisted with Dutton when our league status did really look to be in danger. That was reckless in my opinion.

2 Likes

Yes, fair points.

max melbourne going ?

@m_melbourne3

· 20h

Season 20/21

https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/2714.svg)

thank you to everyone involved @WFCOfficial ; all the best

(https://abs-0.twimg.com/emoji/v2/svg/1f601.svg)

I see to remember him at Newcastle shortly after leaving us and the non league team was Luton then Cambridge

Looked really good when he first came then faded. Not bothered either way, him signing or not won’t make or break next season

I think the replacement is ready to take over and has been since BD gave that weird after match interview a couple of weeks ago.
Fullarton would have already identified his man and BD knew this, let’s hope whoever it is has had a look at majority of games on catch up and knows who to keep and get rid off.
I don’t think it will be anyone well known either , it will be someone Fullarton trusts, whoever it is will want financially backing by the club to give us any chance of getting his targets.
I have been a big critic of BD and glad he’s gone, however i wish him all the best and hope he succeeds in the game.
I expect an announcement in next 72 hours.

2 Likes

And a 4-2 win :+1:t2:

https://twitter.com/officialpvfc/status/1391781873853112322?s=21

:wave: :wave: :wave:

1 Like

I hope Dutton ends up at vale. They will be in the conference before they know it :joy:. We might even get a few quid from vale for osadebe

1 Like

Really feel for Dutton the job was always going to be difficult, we wasn’t really tearing up any trees in Clarkes tenure, then we sell 2 of our better players, and without our best player with injury. Always going to be a tough task maybe not the ideal situation to have your first crack at it.

I wish him all the best.

2 Likes

I’ve just read that Darrell Brent has released all 15 (fifteen) of Port Fails out of contract players.
Let’s hope he fills some of those vacancies by raiding the Banks’s (Holden apart of course).

1 Like

I can’t understand why LP didn’t just put BD in charge of the youth team if he rated his input with them so well?

Same, Pomlett’s comments seem to suggest we were screwed if Dutton didn’t want the job and would have been completely unable to attract a replacement for Clarke. Bit worrying if he sees his own club as such an unattractive prospect!

We gave a young guy with zero managerial experience half a season in charge of a football league club. He’d of got that chance nowhere else. I’d say Walsall FC were the ones handing out favours in that scenario.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Let’s hope it’s third time lucky with Pomlett’s appointment.

2 Likes

Yeah. He said after Saturday he couldn’t wait to get rid of the dead wood, as Vale fulfilled his pattern of a good run being followed by a poor one. What puzzles me is that the decision would surely be Flitcroft’s, even if he had some input. Otherwise, what is Flitcroft doing?

Thanks f*** he’s gone!!!

Dazzell Clarke has also jus released Tom pope… I’m sure he can do a better job for us then Gordon and lavatory

Injury prone 36 year old…no thanks.

A ■■■■■■■ idiot !!!No thanks

2 Likes

He will probably rely on his Palace contacts, which would place that Reddington/Beddingon bloke in pole position for the post.

Hope Dutton gets a job soon, hate to see folk out of a job, despite the fact that he was awful for us, he’ll probably end up with DC in Burslem.

Hope the appointment of head coach is made soon, we need a clearout and we need it quickly.

1 Like