Latest pomcast

No they haven’t.

1 Like

Here we go, get your colouring book out and try to explain how 1953 was worse :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

There were no fans and hence no police last season, and we contrived our worst ever season in 4 tier football. Pomlett is literally, and demonstrably an attempted bullshitter.

He doesn’t bullshit me, he’s fecking useless.

5 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Christ I forgot about that.

1 Like

it (1952/53) does look pretty bad tbs :rofl:

To save the most tedious debate I’ve ever seen on here, (and considering that is coming from me it must be bloody tedious), here’s that exact debate in full to save it being rehashed:

3 Likes

It wasn’t just 1953 though. Walsall finished bottom of the football league in 1951, 1952 & 1953.

So, as disappointing as the last few years have been, they aren’t the worst in our history.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

By that definition we’ve never played in the championship either, but let’s not go there again!

Just think we would have been entering this season with Dutton still in charge for 10 games based on some comments in that thread :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Just shut up, pay up and thank our saviour Sir Leigh Pomlett that it isn’t as bad as the 1950’s.

2 Likes

And yet we still had average attendances of 8788, 7084, and 5991 respectively in those years, in a ground that we owned.

3 Likes

You need to take the positives over the 3 year reign, at least we have given ca £1.5million to the needy in Cyprus for our collective efforts

2 Likes

Yep. Some of the “It’ll be fine next season” takes are equally hilarious seeing some of the posts bandied about now. By people having a pop at others for being “cynical”, no less.

Shushhhhhhhhhh! The fan base is always 3-4K :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Glad you can read my mind. Whereas I have no idea what I’m thinking or meant. :crazy_face:

Because you ( what you mean by some) are a whinging miserablist, who has an unreasonable sense of entitlement.

What so your argument is that @WalsallOne opinion doesn’t represent many of the fans but your’s does?
Arrogant

If you’re going to have a dig do the research. Crowds were much bigger before around 1968-70. Something happened, possibly the start of tv coverage on MoTD.
Since then we’ve been pretty stable at around 5k home attendance.
Right that’s me done on this one. Work to do, and I can tolerate no-more of your know all bellendery.

2 Likes

It shows.

Yes I’m the only person who doesn’t agree with how this club is being ran:

Nope. Response to the other person with poor reading comprehension:

You’ve already been given the figures that show this isn’t the case.

Cool, off you pop :+1:

Problem is club can’t and won’t progress. Whilst the current board remain in place

The chairman. Keep having sly digs at a fanbase. That has supported Through thick and thin. Is a disgrace

There’s a bigger picture yet to emerge. With freehold. And it’s only my opinion. But it won’t make for pleasent reading Just as the clubs open contempt. Towards Fans Doesn’t

4 Likes

MOTD? I often wonder what caused the halving of our support that season. Were other clubs affected in the same way?

No, the chairman has called out a few fans who have displayed attitudes that either get the club a bad reputation or cost it policing money. Both valid. Defend the real fans, not the absolute dross that comes along for a drink and a bit of aggro. It’s 2022.

13 Likes

To be fair I didn’t have a problem with his comments about certain select few fans being idiots. The lad that ran on the pitch and got in the keepers face against Port Vale was near me for most of that game and to be honest they were being pricks most of the game, including, when the goal went in, pushing about 4 people out of the way from 10 rows back, nearly knocking them over the seat in front, so he can charge onto the pitch and give the keeper some.

However, the fact he spent a quarter of the podcast digging out fans let down by a select few, who on the whole have been very supportive of the club, and blaming that for any future restriction on playing budget (instead of say, hiring and firing multiple managers and failed Directors of Football, and lumbering us with poor players on 2/3 year deals) and didn’t update on a few issues that have been left unaddressed for some time now, is my issue.

And his generally poor grasp on what a play off team actually looks like.

6 Likes