Luton Town vs Coventry City

Cracking equaliser from Coventry. Come more into it this half.

That was a good goal

Bettyā€™s

Fair play to Robins for puttting 2 up top at half time and changing the formation.

2 Likes

Oh FFS. Just had to explain to the wife why I am so upset about Coventry scoring.

It would be just so typical of Walsall for Rico to never get a cap and Luton to lose in the play offs. I swear there cannot be many unluckier clubs out there than Walsall. We always get sharted on :frowning:

3 Likes

Adebayo to Coventry?

We have done pretty well out of Rico by all accounts even without him getting an international appearance.

We got good money for Rickettā€™s one and only outing for England.

Got money when Bradshaw was sold to Millwall.

Did we actually sell Scott Dann without a sell on clause?

Weā€™ve not done that bad really, missed the big one with Deeney unfortunately.

Quote 1:

Bit harsh. Decent scoring rate this season and a good 5 years off peak.

Agree about him in the air but his control and hold up (when he manages to win the ball) is excellent

Quote 2:

el_nombre

Feb '20

expressandstar.com

Walsallā€™s Elijah Adebayo is striving for consistency

Saddlers striker Elijah Adebayo is striving for consistency as he looks to build on his best performance in a Walsall shirt.

Think he comes across really well here. Seems very intelligent and humble. Really hope he can piece his game together and push on because I think he has the potential to be a good player at this level

Quote 3:

Quote 4:

Not my quote, another poster confirming this

Quote 5:

Quote 6 (youā€™ll love this one. Itā€™s got stats and everything):

Maybe making the leap to the premier league was even beyond what I thought, but I never understood the criticism and defended him all the time. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Fair post.

2 Likes

Definitely correlations between Sawyers and Adebayoā€™s career paths and what some of our fan base saw or thought they didnā€™t see when with us.

Yeah but Sawyers was obviously class.

Whilst Adebayo was clearly our best striker, never dreamt heā€™d be on the cusp of the premier league. Still donā€™t think his finishing is good enough TBH.

1 Like

I went through periods of thinking he was rubbish but watching this Iā€™m amazed at the shift heā€™s put in and if he were still here he would be a fanā€™s favourite

I thought he was better than us, but not cusp of Premiership material. Around decent third tier. I think many of us saw him as a longer-term investment by Luton. I donā€™t think many thought he go straight into the first team with an immediate impact. I didnā€™t.

2 Likes

Thought he was a bit Bambish when first saw him at Alfreton in pre season, fair play to him

I agree with that although I personally thought his earlier chance which he put wide was not stuck under his feet but that sort of analogy if that makes sense and once heā€™s tried to take it without taking it down was always going to hit it more towards his heel area.Heā€™s definitely really good at taking the ball down and holding it up for others more than a complete finisher of the ball.

1 Like

Finishing not good enough for what though? This is a game to get into the Premier League. Iā€™d say itā€™s still good enough to be an excellent player, even by pro standards. He scores about one in three over his career so hardly terrible.

But as always itā€™s what else you get from him. Heā€™s a striker thatā€™s a nightmare for defenders. His touch along with his strength are outstanding. Thatā€™s what brings others into play, makes you a handful and sometimes even gives you an overload if two defenders have to deal with him.

Thatā€™s a pen all day btw. Free kick anywhere else on the pitch.

We wonā€™t see a penny should Luton be promoted.

1 Like

Yeah I donā€™t buy it for a minute. I canā€™t believe anyone puts any stock in anything Pomlett says at this point. Passing comment to get people off his back. Might get a few quid, but the best deal this club has ever made? One itā€™s a low bar and two this is the same bloke who told Wolves and Albion to be looking over their shoulder last year :joy:

1 Like

2-1 to Luton :+1: