W 4-0 vs Hartlepool United (H) - League Two - Sat 30th July, 3pm

Sounds more like a job working for “The Management” under Hale & Pace’s The Two Rons (and probably more fitting if he approaches that anything like the way he plays football).

Think he recently got some sort of qualification for it - tbh I hope he does decide to do it full time

He won’t

Only one I disagree with is Andy Williams of the starters. Thought he was a bit pedestrian to be honest. Rest are pretty bang on.

Really? He was essential in initiating our high press.

6 Likes

I can’t fault that, I just wasn’t impressed with the ball at his feet, and he looks very slow. Thought he did ok, I just don’t think it was an “8” performance.

Williams was desperate to be on that scoresheet Saturday.His second half swinger that went way wide sold it to me as it was never on.It was nice to see though that a bloke in his mid 30’s still has that hunger to see the net bulge.He’ll score 10 this season maybe more,there are way worse out there than him in this league but yes he wasn’t as good as some of them for sure but it was a pretty high bar.

4 Likes

Spot on. As much as I enjoyed the cameo appearances from Abraham and Taylor-James, you could really tell the difference out of possession once they came on. Williams, in particular, was superb. Closed down when it was needed, but didn’t waste a drop of energy chasing pointless causes.

2 Likes

That doesn’t sell me that it was an “8” performance to be honest.

I’m not even saying he played poorly, but the same as Clarke, Daniels, Kinsella, Comley? Yeah, nah.

1 Like

Ratings on whoscored

Who scored pretty much just relies on goals, then assists, then passes completed. Tackles if you’re a defender. Doesn’t really tell you who was effective in the game.

Taylor Allen for example, way more effective than a 7.7. Kinsella much more than a 7.2. Daniels much more than a 6.9

I’d say a 7 is fair for Williams. Maybe a 6.5

1 Like

Are they the ones who do the sun dreamteam? Absolute joke they are the amount of times my players and I watched the games by the way deserved a 7 and never got one is staggering.Just look at the amount of players in that that got an 8 or above.Most of us were there you can’t tell me that’s a fair assessment of that day’s performance.

His rating is not that important (doesn’t matter which player). How the team would look like without him is important. You don’t have to look spectacular to be an important part of the jigsaw.

3 Likes

6.5 is nonsense. He was pivotal to our press.

Did everything but score.

15 Likes

Yeah, he played very intelligently. I was very impressed. He was missing that half yard of pace on the odd occasion, but other than that he worked his socks off, and held the ball up really well.

8 Likes

Ok.

2 Likes
1 Like