Worst Walsall player in the last 20 years

They were brought up. Read the thread.

1 Like

I canā€™t remember that but I remember him playing up top on his own against Stevenage I think it was and ending up somehow playing in front of the defence then getting hooked before half time by Dutton. If your being subbed before Half time by Brian Dutton then you really are crap

3 Likes

Jason Price was shit

2 Likes

So youā€™re a liar as well.

Just looked through the Andy Williams Signs thread. Presume thatā€™s what you means by ā€œweek oneā€ ā€¦

Here was my ONLY comment

Ive defended his work rate.Thatā€™s about it. And even that faded badly. Heā€™s been shit but not even close to the worst in the last 20 years.

In supposed 11ā€™s. I donā€™t think anyone has suggested either are the worst players we have had.

Nope I meant Vs Hartlepool when we actually saw him play :man_shrugging: :joy:

I 'd have thought that was obvious, as in week one of the season but clearly not. Thatā€™s enough to be called a liar apparently.

Here, when you were writing somebody elseā€™s opinion off as ā€œnonsenseā€ again, which went on to be a pretty accurate judging of his ability :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You gave him a 6.5 when he had an excellent game. His best game in a Walsall shirt. It was nonsense based off one game.

How does that mean I was upset?

Imagine basing your argument off the first game of the season. Desperate.

Bless

Please, either be constructive or go to messages. Itā€™s boring.

3 Likes

Because it was your second bite at that particular cherry after after questioning that I thought he was slow. Perish the thought :joy: :joy: :joy:

@Exile It is on topic, Iā€™m discussing Walsall worst player of the last 20 years :+1: That poster is sending abusive messages privately because he doesnā€™t want to put it on here, I think itā€™s fair to respond.

You gave the worst player in 20 years a 6.5/7. Lol

For one game that you just said was his best performance lol

If a user is sending abuse privately it needs to be reported. Keeping on topic isnā€™t an issue here, back and forth bickering is, especially when it leads to ridiculous name-calling.

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s possible over the chat function?

1 Like

The option to send a message to a mod is available even where flagging isnā€™t.

Back on topic, please.

1 Like

One of the few advantages of aging is that the dross merges. While technical ability is important, Iā€™d like to give special mentions to Labadie and Merson though.

In recent times likes of Liddle and Gaffney for sure.

You also get forgettable loans like that Sheron guy but he and a few others were only bit part players, Liddle started loads of games start of 2019 seasons.

Going back aswell when this club was a decent mid table league one club you had Ashley Grimes making loads of sub cameos in 14/15 and Troy Hewitt the season before. These were backup strikers trying to play a part in the club finishing in the play offs and they both dropped off the radar after leaving.

Wasnā€™t Liams fault though he was never played in his favoured RB position.

2 Likes

In terms of disappointment, PƤr Cederqvist comes into that category, especially in the light of his subsequent prolific goal-scoring career.

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2003ā€“2004 DjurgĆ„rdens IF 8 (0)
2003 ƅtvidabergs FF (loan) 13 (6)
2004ā€“2006 Ɩsters IF 40 (12)
2006 Raufoss IL 11 (10)
2006ā€“2007 Walsall F.C. 10 (0)
2007ā€“2009 Landskrona BoIS 75 (30)
2010ā€“2012 Jƶnkƶpings Sƶdra IF 68 (26)
2013ā€“2018 IFK VƤrnamo 170 (57)
Total 395 (135)

He is the all-time top goalscorer of Superettan (Swedish first division) as of 2018.

1 Like

Surprised Chris Palmer hasnā€™t been mentioned much, I started looking at this board in early 2008 and he always used to get stick after every disappointing result on the post match threadsā€¦mind you so did Troy Deeney! :joy:

Actually thinking about it one of the worst CFs Iā€™ve seen at this club was Sam Parkin. Given his general scoring record it was a bit like Williams in that he came mid 30s basically unable to move due to many injuries and could only really score penalties.

Macken at least the next season could hold the ball up and set up others in a very poor team.

Merson was a superb player to watch in my opinion.

2 Likes