Early Bird Prices

NB

I apprecaite when you are taking kids too then it becomes less of a ‘bargain’

I did look at some other clubs last season and it did seem much of a muchness for non early bird… We seemed to have a bigger differential between early bird and full price compared to others, clearly discounting the early birds moreso. Maybe that isn’t going to be the case next season.

More of a bargain surely? Free for kids under 12. Can’t do much with kids for £13.50 for a Saturday afternoon.

In all honesty, If it wasn’t for the kids wanting to go I would probably just pick and choose my matches nowadays.

2 Likes

The fact that under 12s are still “free” is one really good thing about the club.

They still dont advertise it very well though.

6 Likes

Clearly not :woozy_face:

Paying the price for my lad having 0 interest in football… little idiot

1 Like

Will still defnitely renew, despite 20% uplift on senior ticket.

1 Like

I suspect when the other league 2 clubs release there early bird prices we will still be amongst the cheapest in the league. Last season Northamptons early bird prices were £370 for an adult as a quck comparison of similar sized team.

That is a lot. My mate got his at Albion for around £330. Not suggesting anyone is going to go off and support Albion, but it is Championship Football on our doorstep.

1 Like

I shall renew as i’m sure most on here will, but it does seem a big jump from last seasons prices.

Just hope it doesn’t frighten off too many of the new extra fans we attracted this season.

Hope this means we are going to get even more competitive with some of the bigger spending clubs to progress.

PS The fans on the fence who are undecided will benefit from getting the early bird as obviously the prices will only increase, and by how much compared to the early bird prices from last year could be considerably a lot higher.

2 Likes

I dunno what to do
I struggled to afford one for this season
With costs across the board going up and I’m still on minimum wage I just don’t know if I can justify when I hardly pay my gas and electric
This is going to be a tough choice for me between doing what I want to do and doing what I should do

11 Likes

Through a connection. I take my son to man utd home games 6 or 7 times a season. We pay 43 each. That certainly dosnt make 30 quid (anticipated matchday price) to watch walsall appealling

And yes. I’ve tried to take my son to watch walsall. He finds it boring. Just tells me it’s not good to watch. Only interested in premiership

1 Like

I’ve looked back as far as 2016 (can’t find earlier prices) and there was a slight increase in 2017, frozen 2018, reduced 2019, frozen 2020, frozen 2021, increase 2022, increase 2023.

Adult in Upper:
2016: £339
2017, 2018: £347
2019, 2020, 2021: £340
2022: £357
2023: £380

Some categories that have bigger increases this time, i.e. senior and young person in the lower (up by £50ish), the more I look at it, the more it seems to be the club realising that maybe they were being far too generous in recent years and they needed to balance the pricing out.

6 Likes

More likely the club knew that a price rise during the last 5/6 years of decline would have been stupidity. Bit of a feel good factor at the moment so taking the opportunity to introduce an increase, albeit it they haven’t delivered any “footballing” success yet.

1 Like

This is what I reckon too. The difference between an early bird and a full price has probably meant that hardly anyone buys the full price version. As I said above, the EB has been cheaper than a lot of other clubs at out level, but the full price a bit higher. I imagine the full price tickets and matchday prices won’t increase by anywhere near the same percentage.

1 Like

Lower tier prices as there were in 09/10, then next time they increased

09/10 @ 215.00

12/13 @ 218.00

14/15 @ 240.00

15/16 @ 246.00

19/20 @ 250.00

22/23 @ 263.00

23/24 @ 310.00

So £60.00 increase over two seasons, from 21/22 to 23/24.

Particularly last season when they kept extending the early bird deadline.

Might get me and Mrs Scoobs one this year with the rabble in the lower :wink:

2 Likes

Just pulled out a few of my old season ticket books in the Upper and to add to this:

2013: £315
2014: £322.50
2015: £330.50

So an increase of £65 over 10 years.
Which isn’t too bad. But the jump of £40 over the last 2 seasons makes it look worse and the timing of it happening during a cost of living crisis.

But if you’re thinking of going to all games it’s still a no brainer.

4 Likes

It’s a fair old increase but everything is going up, nothing is immune from rising costs, overheads etc.

I think expecting people of this town to fork out £310 within a month on a months notice isn’t the best. If increasing the cost by what is a substantial amount, then why not increase the early bird by another month? I get the club needs to set budgets etc, but I don’t think it would have been too much of an ask and would have been a valid argument back for the price increase by saying we’ve given you an extra month, an extra pay packet to afford it.

5 Likes

They’re not expecting people to fork over £310 on a months notice. Payment plans are available.