Next Walsall Manager Thread (Again)

I would say that was Artell too.

Has that view been peer reviewed?

That is useful additional information. Thank you…I wonder if our Captain will want to stay if he comes in.

Artell does like the shirt and jumper look… like in the picture that @Peel85 posted

Well if the post a couple of days ago that said we had a shortlist of 6 and we were interviewing this week is true, it looks like Artell’s interview was today.

If Artell applied and wasn’t on a shortlist of 6 I’d be amazed that we had 6 better candidates.

He was a coach for the management team. He coached the players that weren’t playing and sometimes if Hatswell or Flynn were off or otherwise engaged. It’s clear he had no input into tactics, match preparation, game plans or systems.

Anyway, other than waiting for you to tell me which players Phillips would be so great at securing, I’m not sure you have much of a record of seeing who may or may not be a success in the longer term……a few examples of your judgement….

:joy::joy::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t.

Sacked, having failed at Crewe, and is said to have had a lousy relationship with some of his players…following on from Flynn who failed at Newport.

I’d prefer a younger hungrier newcomer with the proviso he has an experienced and able mentor. Sadler is in the box seat, Deeney would be box office. Both are thoughtful intelligent men capable of building the right relationship with their team and the supporters. In fact I’d bet they would do wonders for ST sales :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

With comments like this you really do have a problem - pathetic

1 Like

Didn’t he take them from the doldrums and get them promoted ?

I’d hardly say that was failure :joy:

Why was he sacked then?

Well durex123 always talks nonsense but like us all is entitled to an opinion. However what is frustrating is he never listens to other opinions it’s only he is right he is never wrong and never respects others but hay Ho here we go again.

1 Like

There are a very select few managers who have never been sacked
Even the best managers are sacked . That’s just football
We need to base our next manager on more than just their recent sacking

2 Likes

Which is why I mentioned the relationship he was said to have with his players (…and buses).

I must admit Artell ticks alot of boxes and aid the development of players like Hutchinson Maher Knowles.

3 Likes

If we are ruling out every manager that’s ever been sacked or had a failure that wouldn’t leave many.

Klopp has had a failure of a season at Liverpool, wouldn’t take him.

If Arsenal win the league, Pep would have had a failure at Man City so wouldn’t take him either.

Mat Sadler has never been sacked as a manager, we’ll have him. Second thoughts, does losing 3-2 at home to 10 man Salford count as a failure? Cross him off as well.

4 Likes

Exactly.

Took a number of seasons for him to build the team using some academy prospects.
Not sure we have the same patience or the budget to replace academy prospects like Ng who are now championship with signings or loan players.
So not sure he’d repeat that here but I hope to be proved wrong

1 Like

If you really want to read nonsense. Look at the above re the role of Matt Sadler

It’s clear he had no input into tactics, match preparation, game plans or systems.

He was the first team coach!!! For ffs

Take it you didn’t like the joke about the survey of the saddlers club!

We can’t all be serious all the time about wfc. Sometimes I’m not!

1 Like

Knowing that someone from the club reads this site
I am amazed no one on HERE has had the call to be interviewed :laughing: :wink:

2 Likes

Oh that unknown number wasn’t double glazing sales​:flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like